Thursday, January 31, 2008
He loves eating Cheerios and last night, as he was sitting in his high chair, I snatched one up. I stuck out my tongue and placed the Cheerio at the end of my tongue. He frowned, staring at my tongue, wondering what was going on. Then, in a flash, I retracted my tongue, slurping up the tiny round piece of oat cereal. He busted out a laugh that echoed through the house! We continued this routine for nearly 15 minutes. I could tell the laughter was exhausting him, but he just couldn't stop. He has the most amazing little laugh. I'll try to record it on video for you so you can hear sometime.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Here's the deal. For $20, you get:
- A re-usable 1GB flash drive
- 5 songs from my last album, New Pair of Shoes
- 4 demos from my upcoming album, So Human
- 4 never-before released live studio recordings that are just me and an acoustic guitar
- Turn Your Eyes, a video recorded live in the recording studio
- Lyric sheets to all the songs on the new album
- Downloadable photos for wallpaper and stuff
And a BONUS: In 1989, my college band, Main Street, recorded an album called On Bended Knee. But we never released it. Five songs from that album have been re-mastered and are now available for the first time...on the flash drive!
Here's the cool part: You can buy the flash drive, download all the stuff on it...then delete it from the drive...and you have a 1GB flash drive to use for whatever! For only $20!
Check it out. http://www.indiedrive.com/
Monday, January 14, 2008
- STUPID penalties.(As John Madden put it, "Doesn't it just seem like Flozell leads the world in false-starts?") How do you false-start in your own stadium?
- STUPID play calling.
- STUPID roster decisions (JJ over Barber, Jacques Reeves playing at all)
- STUPID defensive schemes (that have corners playing 10-15 yards deep...even on 3rd or 4th and short.)
- STUPID mistakes (I think I'll throw the ball away, even though no one is within 10 yards of me.)
- STUPID coaching ("I think I'll give my team a vacation two weeks before the biggest game this franchise has seen in over a decade.") or (I think we'll lay off blitzing Eli in the playoff game...cuz when we put him on his butt so many times the last two games, it only resulted in us beating them.)
- STUPID interruptions (Let's have half our coaching staff interviewing for jobs two weeks before the biggest game this franchise has seen in over a decade.)
- STUPID losses to teams not nearly as good as us.
Yep. The "Season of Stupid" for the Cowboys.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Some things have changed in the past year...some have remained the same. Here are a few things from my life:
First and foremost, I became a daddy in 2007. The greatest title I've ever held. My son, Morgan Douglas Glenn was born on March 21st. What a blessing it has been this past year to experience a first Father's Day, Mother's Day, Morgan's first Thanksgiving (so much to be thankful for!) and Christmas. And oh...to watch him grow! He's 9 months old now...has seven teeth...is crawling all over the place.
I still have the same job...which, in this day and age, is a pretty good thing! I actually love my job. I'm the US Advocacy Director for Compassion International--a ministry I believe in whole-heartedly. Basically my job is to educate Christians in the US about the biblical mandate to care for children and the poor.
I visited the Philippines for the first time...and got to spend time with Jen Rina, the girl my family sponsors through Compassion International. She's a beautiful, shy young girl who does well in school, loves arts and crafts (and her dog) and who is very good about writing letters to let us know how her family is doing.
I'm still working on my new album, So Human. (Ha! I think I wrote that last New Years' Day too!) I promise, I really did make a lot of progress this year. All that's left is to re-cut a bass track on one song...and background vocals on five songs. I'm hoping to have the cd packaged and ready for you to listen to, by summer.
And, I took part in a new venture, called IndieDrive this past year. IndieDrive is a company that sells music albums on flash drives. They are focusing on independent artists like myself. The cool thing about it is, they let the artist decide what goes on the flash drive. So...my 1GB flash drive includes songs from my last album, New Pair of Shoes, some demo versions of songs from So Human, some never-before released acoustic songs (recorded live), some songs from my college band, Main Street, some downloadable photos, lyric sheets and a video. Yep. All that for $20! Check it out!
All in all, it's been a busy year. A productive year. Now that I think about it...a tiring year! Ha!
Welcome 2008! Hope your new year is a blessed one.