Thursday, September 13, 2007

Old Man Eyebrows

It's finally happened. It's official. I'm old. You know how I know? My eyebrows. I have old man eyebrows. What the heck happened? Most of my life, my eyebrows have been so thin that they barely showed up at all. When I was a news anchor, I used to have to darken my eyebrows with a pencil to get them to show up on TV. (Yeah, there's a secret I probably shouldn't be divulging.)


But now, I've got these wild, wiry projectiles protruding
from my forehead like some kind of sagebrush on steroids. I'm Andy Rooney, Mark Twain and a rockhopper penguin all rolled into one! Ack!

It reminds me of a line from the movie City Slickers:

"Do you know what I found yesterday? Hair in my ear.
I'm losing hair where I want hair and
getting hair where there shouldn't be hair.
I found four big fat ones on my back;
I'm starting to look like the fly."
-Billy Crystal in City Slickers

Dang. Getting old sucks. And, apparently, it gets pretty hairy.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, this post is hilarious!!! Good job, old man.

Tim Glenn said...

Careful kiddo, your day is coming! You'll be plucking and tweezing in places you never imagined!