- I have artificially inseminated a cow. Yep...got all up in Bessie's bidness. Used to work on a ranch and it's one of the many disgusting things I had to do.
- I stole a car once. It's a really long story. I was young. Took my best friend's car and drove 1200 miles away. He didn't press charges and I eventually just bought the car from him.
- I love to eat raw potatoes. (With a little salt. Mmmm.)
- I'm extremely claustrophobic. As in, I absolutely "lose it" if I'm confined in a small space.
- I hate bugs. I squeal like an 8-year old girl if I find one on me.
- I have traveled to 9 different countries. Bolivia, Canada, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Kenya, Peru, Philippines, Thailand
- I have ridden a bull in a rodeo. His name was Black Sabbath. I only lasted one second!
- I'm an introvert. In fact, if I could spend most of my day not interacting with anyone, I'd be ecstatic.
- I don't believe in aliens. I do believe there could be some amoeba-like living substance on some planet somewhere, but I don't believe there are any creatures on other planets.
- I fantasize about dying...everyday. For as long as I can remember, I've imagined dying at least once every day of my life.
- I have horrendous nightmares. Usually about larger than life animals (alligator the size of a school bus or a bear the size of a U-haul truck) chasing me.
- I have jumped out of an airplane. Twice. One tandem, one solo.
- I hate to read. Love to write...but hate to read. Seriously, who has the time to read an entire book anymore these days?
- I have started writing two different novels. And lost interest in both. Maybe if I enjoyed reading more?
- Someday, I want to own a 1966 Ford Mustang Convertible. Mostly because it's the year I was born and I just think they are cool!
- I used to be on television. Morning news anchor for 7 years. Actually won some awards! (Spent 7 years as a television producer before becoming an anchor.)
- I love superheroes. Don't know why, but I've always been fascinated with Superman, Batman, etc.
- I'm horribly depressed at how ugly I've gotten. I'm not aging well. I know it shouldn't matter. But it does.
- I'm terrified of being a bad father. I'm just that much in love with my son. I don't want to screw it up.
- I enjoy cooking. Especially when I get to experiment and try new things. I make a mean chicken fried steak, by the way.
- I have never tried illegal drugs. Although, technically alcohol is a drug and I did engage in some underage drinking in high school. (Not proud of it.) But I've never smoked pot or done any other illicit drug.
- I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Thank God it's not an illicit drug!
- I don't drink coffee. Love the way it smells. Hate the way it tastes. But for some reason, I've been given at least $15 in Starbucks gift cards per year for the past four years.
- At one point, I thought I was going to be a pastor. But I have too much respect for the profession to taint it.
- I'm an aggressive driver. If you're in the fast lane going slow, I should have the right to run you over.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
25 Random Things About Me
I'm a little hesitant to write this post. Mostly because it seems so self-involved. "Here are some things that I think will make me interesting to you." Ya know? But I've been asked to play along by a couple of friends, so I'll indulge. Here are 25 random things about me. And you just might not find any of them interesting.