Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Two Weeks

We are two weeks away from having a new baby in the house. The question I've been asked more than anything is: "Are you ready?" Well, the baby's room is done. (I'll post pictures in a day or so.) We have the diapers, the clothes, the lotions and all that stuff. But preparing for a child is much more than that, isn't it? In some ways, I don't think you can ever fully "prepare" for the arrival of a baby into your life. You just don't know what to expect. So yeah...we're ready...but in some ways, we're not. But that's part of the excitement too...to see what this beautiful gift from God is going to be, once it's "unwrapped." I am amazed at this plan of God's. I'm in awe of His design to have a baby grow in a mother's womb. This tiny little life, with a beating heart, a functioning brain, a circulatory system, lungs and other vital organs...all working in harmony...inside another human body. It's amazing to me. I keep asking Jen what it feels like to have him inside her. She says she can't fully describe it. Oh, what a tremendous blessing that must be! I can't wait to see what little Grayson Troy Glenn is going to look like. I can't wait to hold him in my arms...to run my fingers across his tiny little face...and count his tiny little fingers and toes. Two weeks. I just can't wait.

2 comments:

Becky said...

YAY! I can't wait to meet him either!

Unknown said...

oh i cant wait! i am so excited to see your new baby boy! he will be so sweet just like morgan.