Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Count Your Blessings (#2)

Blessing #2: My Wife
I first met Jennifer Sue Short in 1991. Our first date was October 15th, a double date with mutual friends, at a little french deli called La Petite France in Waco, TX.
Who knew then what life would be like 19 years later?
She has the bluest eyes and the most honest smile. She is a godly woman who always prays fervently for others. She has always amazed me how she puts others first. It just comes natural to her. She has done so through our entire marriage and even more so now, as a mother.
I've not been the best husband over the years. Heck, I've not even been a "good" husband. I have not been the best provider. I have put my career first...even my hobbies first. But she has always been faithful, supportive and giving. I don't even want to entertain the idea of where I'd be in my life without her, because I know I'd be a mess. Well...a bigger mess!
I have not ever, nor will I ever deserve such a wonderful wife. But I thank God for giving me one anyway.
That is truly a blessing!

How about you? Have you taken time lately to really count your blessings? Try it! You may realize just how blessed you really are!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sooo sweet! I love this post!