Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Remember the King

My favorite pair of jeans is in such bad shape. They're just about an inch too long, so each cuff is constantly getting caught under the heels of my shoes. Those cuffs are torn, tattered, and frayed beyond repair. But I don't really care. In fact, that's part of what makes them my favorite pair of jeans. They're worn...but oh so comfy. The other day I was sitting down, staring at the floor, when I noticed those long, stringy white threads shooting out in every direction from under my shoes. They looked beaten...from the countless hours of pounding my 190 pound frame on top of them...scraping them along sidewalks, carpet and tiled floors. So much abuse these jeans undergo!
As I was staring at my cuffs, I realized how much I feel like that some days. I'm worn out. I'm tired. I feel like bits of me are scattered in so many directions that I don't even resemble myself anymore. I'm frayed. But beyond repair? I hope not.
Jesus said,
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened...and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (NIV)
I suppose we all get to that point of needing to rest in our savior. I've definitely been there lately. Wouldn't it be nice to take a break from the world and just cuddle up next to God? How I'd love to take a "time out" from life! It's those times that we need to call on Him. But I'm also reminded of the troubles that Jesus himself dealt with...and mine seem so miniscule. One of the most recent songs I've written serves as a reminder that, when life is tough, remember the One who took all of our sin and suffering upon himself. It's called Remember the King.
Are you broken, broken, wounded by the world? Lost, forgotten? Hiding in your hurt?
Come together, children of the fray Past behind you, forward to today. Just remember the King knows your story remember the King is on your side And the King laid down His Glory to become the sacrifice. When life begins to hurt, forget about the world... and remember the King.
I'm encouraged that, no matter how tough life gets, Jesus had it tougher. Every pain, every hurt, every disappointment and frustration that I've encountered...He did too. And not just His own...but everyone's. I can barely handle the heartache of my own sins. I can't imagine being responsible for everyone else's too. So today...a reminder...to remember the King. For more information on Tim Glenn, go to www.timglennmusic.com tim glenn

No comments: