Friday, March 21, 2008

365 Days

365 days ago, I saw his face for the first time. That little pink, wrinkled face all scrunched up as he let out his first cry ever. What a sweet sound.

My little baby boy, Morgan Douglas Glenn was born. After years of prayers he was finally here. Poor Jen, she spent the next three hours in recovery, without being able to hold her baby boy.

I, on the other hand, spent every minute of those three hours with him. I was there for his first bath. There when they weighed his tiny 5 pound 3 and a half ounce frame. I rocked him in my arms for nearly two hours in the nursery...just staring at his perfect little face...listening to him coo. It was the sweetest two hours of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday. In fact, it feels like it was only yesterday.

I know it sounds cliche', but the 365 days that have passed since then have really flown by so fast. And Morgan has changed so much since then. He has so much personality. He flirts. He plays games. He sings. He's affectionate. He's so outgoing...he's never met a stranger.

As I wrote in a previous post, he started calling me "daddy" last week. As if my heart hadn't melted enough, that completely did me in.

What an amazing year this has been. It has been everything I ever hoped for...and more. To be a father is the greatest gift ever. To be a father to such a wonderful boy is beyond my comprehension.

365 days.

Happy birthday, my beautiful son. I love you so much.


No comments: