Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Acclimation Affirmation

I grew up in south Texas. Heat. Humidity. I got the heck out of there as soon as I could and moved to Colorado. Cool. Dry. I love it. I don't know why I was born in Texas because I was obviously meant to be here. This morning, it was 37 degrees as I drove to work. I cracked open the window for some fresh air. No heater on. It was exhilirating. I've been known to put the top down in the upper 40's. I just love the cold. Not bitter cold...just cool. My wife on the other hand, is from Kansas. Not nearly as hot and humid as Texas. Not nearly as cool and dry as Colorado. We've lived in Colorado Springs for 13 years now. You'd think she would have adjusted to this climate. Au contraire mon ami! This morning, as it was 37 degrees outside, she had the fireplace blasting AND the thermostat set at 74. Ugh. I was melting! How is it that a south Texas boy can't stand the heat and a Kansas girl can't stand the cold? After 13 years in Colorado you'd think we'd both be well adjusted to our climate.

No comments: